I have enjoyed to read while traveling for a long time. It fits in well with travel schedules and being away from easy access to media, but more than that I enjoy reading books themed to where I am traveling. We had quite a bit of time to read through some books while we were on planes, buses, trains, trucks, ferries, and tuk tuks. I wanted to share my reading list from our latest journey. I got through 14 books while we were traveling for about 5 months, not bad!
I know I will have far less time to read as I return to work. I do want to try to keep up with the habit so, I was motivated to sign up to goodreads reading challenge for the year. I am shooting for 18 books in 2015. I have a few in progress which should help me get there.
Beyond books I read a lot of long form articles some of the best I hope to share in a later post. I think a good mix of books and smaller articles is a nice way to keep current and dig deep. Anyways without further ado, my book list.
- The Knife of Never Letting Go(Chaos Walking, #1)
- Snow Crash
- Ender’s Game (The Ender Quintet, #1)
- Speaker for the Dead (The Ender Quintet, #2)
- The Diamond Age: or, A Young Lady’s Illustrated Primer
- Long Walk to Freedom (Nelson Mandela’s autobiography)
- King Leopold’s Ghost: A Story of Greed, Terror and Heroism in Colonial Africa
- The Rape Of Nanking: The Forgotten Holocaust Of World War II
- Modern History of Hong Kong, A: 1841-1997
- The Good Earth
- Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
- The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman
- Post Office
- The Smartest Kids in the World: And How They Got That W
Books In Progress
- The President’s Henchman (Jim McGill, #1)
- State of Siege (Tom Clancy’s Op-Center, #6)
- Blue Ocean Strategy